Get Started Selling on TikTok in 7 Simple Steps
Want to sell on TikTok?
Then you’ve come to the right place! Selling on TikTok may seem like it requires an app engineering degree and should only be attempted by geniuses, but don’t be fooled. There are only seven steps, and anyone can do it, even if you’re not technical or artistic! To help you get started on selling on TikTok, here are seven simple steps that anyone can follow to start their very own Tiki business.
1) Do Your Research
The first thing to do before you set up a TikTok account is to create an expert account that will help people find your videos. To make the account, start by choosing a username and include keywords like fashion or DIY. Now it’s time to upload your content! This can be done by either taking pictures and editing them using programs such as Photoshop, or recording videos using a smartphone app such as FaceTime.
#1: Uploading Pictures
You can choose between two ways to upload pictures: you can post a single picture with a caption, or take multiple pictures with multiple captions and combine them into one video slideshow. The way you choose depends on what type of information you want to convey.
2) Create an Account
Getting started with selling on TikTok is simple. All you need to do is create an account and start a business. Once your account has been approved, it will take around 24 hours for your store to be visible. You can create an account by going to the More section of the application and clicking Start a Business. The steps after this are: upload your own unique cover photo, come up with a shop name (your username), write down the details about what you’re selling and choose a currency.
3) Follow Influencers
To help build your presence on TikTok, start following other influencers that you can relate to. This will not only help you learn how they gain more followers but also give you an opportunity to network and make connections with like-minded people who may want to promote your content as well.
If you’re a small business, consider giving something away for free to give people a taste of what’s to come. When someone has something great that they want others to hear about but need help with the right platform, offer them the ability to sell their product through your page.
TikTok gives you the opportunity of promoting yourself by purchasing ad space which is much less costly than other platforms.
4) Connect With Brands
So you want to sell things on TikTok? You’re not alone! There are many benefits of being a seller on the app, from making some cash to branding your business. Here’s how to get started:
- Join the app or sign into your account if you already have one. Make sure that your phone number is connected to your account so that TikTok can text you updates about new followers and messages when they happen.
- Start by setting up all the tags for what you’ll be selling, including sizing information and images. The more detailed and accurate, the better.
- Set up prices for everything so people know what they’ll be paying before clicking buy now.
5) Join Groups of Interest
-Choose your username and privacy settings
-Do a quick search for potential items to sell -Read about copyright law
-Take a look at how other sellers present themselves and see what works for you
-Decide whether you want to monetize your account or not
-Instagram is one of the biggest influencers on what is popular, so make sure that you link your Instagram to TikTok
-Create more content to grow your audience on other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
-Find bloggers who blog about similar interests and collaborate with them
6) Post Consistently
- Search for influencers who post videos of themselves making or eating food
- Send a private message to the influencer introducing yourself and asking if they’d be interested in posting a video review of your product
- Reach out to any social media connections you have for help sharing or tagging posts about your brand
- Take some photos of the product, upload them to social media channels with appropriate tags and captions, and then tweet a link to each one at that influencer from your company account
- Pay attention to responses – customers will likely comment questions or ask more information about where they can buy it
7) Learn From Others
If you’re looking for a place to sell your product, a social media app is a perfect place. Recently, many have been using TikTok to find and buy products because it’s extremely popular and accessible.
If you want to sell your products on TikTok, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow before you get started: First off, you’ll need to download the app – it’s available for iOS or Android devices. Once you’ve downloaded the app, click Get Started and complete all of the required information. You’ll then be prompted with two options – either sign up as an individual or sign up as a business. Once that’s done, log in to your account and navigate over to Create Story. From here, click on + Create Item and enter any pertinent information about your item such as title, description, price point, photo(s), etc. From there hit save!
Now that you’ve created your item on TikTok, it’s time to market it! The first step would be sending out one post to your friends telling them about the new product you just created.