9 Best Merchant Services for 2022: Don’t Get Stuck with the Wrong One
What is the best merchant services company? This can be hard to answer and is often dependent on the type of business you’re in and what your goals are. And that’s why it’s important to carefully consider all your options before committing to any single company for your payment processing needs. In this article, we’ll look at some of the best merchant services in 2022 as well as some to avoid.
Why you need merchant services
An increasing number of e-commerce platforms are enabling consumers to pay on their sites. This is a great convenience but also a challenge. Your company will need an agreement with a merchant service provider (MSP) that can process these transactions and send your business their share of each sale.
Fortunately, some MSPs have been in the business long enough to become very good at it while others are more focused on volume than quality. To help you find the right MSP, we’ve compiled this list of nine options and highlighted what makes them stand out from the pack.
The best gateway providers in 2022
1. Adyen – Started by two of the founders of iDeal in Amsterdam, they were one of Europe’s first card processing services when they opened back in 2006. The service has grown tremendously and now operates around six hundred thousand merchants in at least 120 countries. They offer more than just basic payment processing including fraud protection, reporting and more advanced customer service than most other providers.
2. Stripe – It should come as no surprise that this provider tops our list of best gateway providers. An icon in the industry, Stripe handles around $20 billion in transactions each year from over 100 million customers across 190 countries. Their customer base includes many familiar names such as Twitter, Lyft, TaskRabbit and Instacart among others.
3. WePay – Founded in 2008, WePay was built to make it easier for businesses to accept payments online. In 2012, PayPal purchased WePay as part of their buy and build a strategy which led to a surge in popularity thanks to all the features offered on their site like business management tools and automated billing.
4. Nexonia Systems – Nexonia is a full-service merchant account provider that strives to provide more than just credit card processing; they also offer an array of other solutions designed to help small businesses grow including ACH (automated clearing house) payments, virtual terminal access, recurring billing options and much more.
The best cloud computing providers in 2022
When it comes to which cloud computing providers are best, there is no clear-cut answer because one size does not fit all. With so many companies vying for your business, it is hard to choose a company that won’t let you down. Here are some considerations when deciding on a provider in 2020.
Ensure they meet regulatory compliance regulations in your industry such as PCI-DSS.
How quickly can they expand? For example, if you’re looking to grow at an unprecedented rate and find a cloud computing service provider that will not only keep up but possibly even outpace your growth rate then this might be important for you.
The best terminal providers in 2022
2. Chase Paymentech
7. Bank of America Merchant Services
8. Global Payments
9. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is a form of electronic payment, where the funds are transferred from one account to another through computers via the internet or telephone networks. Some countries, such as the United States and Canada, use Automated Clearing Houses (ACH) which is faster than EFT but not as widely used. EFT payments are also known as checks. As technology advances, many people believe that checks will become obsolete in the future and will be replaced by payment terminals and digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Wallet.
The best POS hardware manufacturers in 2022
1. A merchant service provider’s primary focus is providing POS services.
2. The company had a physical office, support staff, and available phone lines (and not just an email address).
3. The company provides equipment that is new-modeled compatible, has good security protocols and comes with warranties/guarantees of all equipment provided by the company or its suppliers.
4. The customer service representatives are knowledgeable about the products they provide and are able to answer any questions I may have before I make my purchase decision.
5. Merchant services are tailored to my needs – not what some corporate entity feels is best for me or my business!
6. It was easy to find the right merchant services in 2022 because there were so many companies out there that offered this type of product!
7. I know which one I’m going with after researching each provider – it was also easy to pick out one from this list because they ranked at the top!
8. The blog post really helped me narrow down which one would be best for me, so thanks!
The best mobile payment providers in 2022
With so many options available, choosing the right provider can be difficult. A few things to consider are whether you have any special requirements, what fees you’re willing to pay, and what benefits matter most to you. To help, here are nine of the best mobile payment providers for 2022 that should serve your needs best.
PayPal – if security is your top priority and your business has a website, then PayPal is likely a good choice. Paypal has one of the lowest rates and offers industry-leading security features including an encrypted offline vault. It’s also great if you want quick customer service because they offer 24/7 customer service reps that can respond in a variety of languages including English, Spanish, French, German and more.
The best EMV software providers in 2022
If you’re unfamiliar with EMV, it stands for Europay, MasterCard and Visa. This standard was established in 1987 as a safer way to do commerce. While no system is completely secure, EMV makes counterfeiting and fraud more difficult. That’s why this new standard has been widely adopted in Europe and Latin America. More than 2 billion cards have already been produced, while there are 700 million cards on U.S. soil that will be ready by 2020. To keep up with the demand, merchants need EMV software providers that can handle everything from POS terminals to mobile transactions and more. The 9 best merchant services for 2022 are…
-Square is an all-in-one solution for businesses of any size looking to accept payments securely at their brick-and-mortar store or online
-Retailers who use Zetes can manage their cash registers, POS terminals and retail management systems without sacrificing security
-Verifone offers hardware solutions like self-checkout lanes, card readers and handheld devices that help merchants take payments anytime they want
Why Visa Checkout isn’t worth it?
Visa Checkout is a quick and convenient payment option, but it is not backed by Visa. The service also charges a 3% processing fee, which is generally higher than most other available options. Plus, many merchants limit what types of transactions Visa Checkout will work with. Visa Checkout may be one of the fastest ways to pay, but it may be best to look elsewhere. There are plenty of other merchant services that offer lower rates and more flexibility. Here are some top contenders that could serve you well: Square, WePay, Paypal Here, Worldpay (coming soon), Stripe (coming soon), and Elavon (coming soon).
Why Square doesn’t work for all businesses?
Though Square may be popular, it can’t work for all businesses. Consider the following if you are unsure of which services to choose: your company’s current needs, your client’s expectations, and your budget.
Square provides an easy way to accept payments but is not a complete solution that fits all business needs. If you’re interested in security and customer service as two important factors in a merchant services provider, then Square may not be right for you. It doesn’t provide a variety of other security features like other merchant providers do. Some will also offer 24/7 customer service while Square only offers chat support Monday-Friday 10 am-5 pm EST.